As you are perusing your options for red prom dresses, keep in mind that accessories and hair are just as important as the dress itself. Depending on the style of the dress, you may want to choose a hair style or accessory piece that accentuates the look and your fashion sense. With the formal wear season right around the corner, here are a few dos and don’ts for dresses up red prom dresses.
- DO add a statement necklace with strapless gowns. An easy way to glam up your looks without taking away from your dress is to add a large, chunky, statement necklace with any strapless gown. If you are wearing something with sleeves, or straps, then consider a simple piece of jewelry.
- DON’T go over the top of jewelry accessories. Choose either a statement necklace or bracelet – not both. Additionally, if you choose to wear earrings, do not wear a necklace. Always focus on understated simplicity and beauty.
- DO wear your hair down or half up. For women with longer hair, letting your locks flow around you can create the look of a longer face and body. This is an easy to achieve fashion that keeps the focus on your overall look instead of one piece of your dress.
- DON’T add headpieces with a detail oriented dress. Many popular styles of dresses today have details such as beaded belts, lace applique bodices, or puffy pinched skirts. These details are designed to draw attention to the dress. Don’t take away from that by adding in a headpiece that distracts those around you from the beauty of your gown.
- DO sport an up-do with sleeved dresses. Strapped and sleeved dresses can be put on display, and create the illusion of a longer neckline, when you choose to wear your hair up. A simple elegant bun up-do is all it takes to achieve this look and rock the evening with ease.
For more tips, read more here.